Wine is a low-alcoholic beverage obtained by fermentation of grape juice.
There are over 200 different ingredients in wine such as alcohol, trace elements, vitamins, sugars, tannins, pectins, different polyphenols…
The red and white wine have special effects on our health – they contain polyphenols, of which the most important resveratrol, which has been shown to reduce the risk of many diseases, especially cardiovascular diseases.
Today we reveal five reasons why you need to incorporate a glass of red wine in your daily diet.
1. Research has shown that polyphenols and tannins contained in the wine have antiviral and antibacterial properties.Wine is a good protection from bronchitis, pneumonia, flu and colds. It is recommended for people with low blood pressure because it increases your heart rate and increases the amount of blood that goes to the brain.
2. Wine increases the levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol and lowers LDL cholesterol, which is the most common cause of heart disease and diseases of the blood vessels.
3. If used in moderation during meals, wine along with digestive juices acts preventively against diseases of the stomach and intestines.
4. A small amount of wine stimulates the secretion of saliva and gastric juices, which causes increase in appetite, so it is recommended to geriatrics patients, convalescents and people with reduced appetite and underweight people.
5. Wine can be used for relaxation during stressful situations, because it contains a certain amount of magnesium which acts calming.
I have to say that wine and other alcoholic beverages are not recommended for certain diseases such as liver disease, stomach diseases, gout and should not be mixed with sedatives, sleeping pills, painkillers, because in this case wine can cause drowsiness, shortness of breath, and even coma.
In order to use the benefits from drinking red wine, I advise you to drink 1/3 to 1 glass of red wine every day.