Although drinking water seems like something that did not need directions, small changes ensure better hydration of the body. Just a little more awareness about drinking water can greatly change your life.
We present you advises based on ayurveda, they are very simple and really seem like something you intuitively know – but let us remind you.
1. First of all, when you drink water – sit down (just as you should sit down when you eat).
2. Drink in small sips: take a small sip of water, swallow, breathe in, breathe out. Repeat.
3. Take the sips throughout the day. If you drink too much water at once, the body would not absorbed it – most simply pass through you.
4. Drink water at least at room temperature. It is even better if the water is warm. Cold, especially icy water literally lowers the digestive temperature and that is contributing to the slow digestion.
5. Drink very little, when you are eating. Drinking too much water while eating, interferes with digestion. Remember this rule: 50 percent of the stomach fill with food, 25 percent with water and 25 percent it is free for digestive juices and the digestion process.
6. For the same reason, do not drink too much before or after a meal.
7. Drink when you are thirsty. Thirst is a natural sign that your body needs water.
8. What quantity of water we should drink depends of many reasons – body weight, dieting, lifestyle. The rule about 8 glasses of water a day, simply can not be applied at all. The human body has its own measuring system: thirst. If you’re thirsty – drink water. If you are led by your own thirst and sipping a little during the day, you will drink the proper amount of water.
9. One indicator of hydration is urine: it should be clear and light yellow. If it is dark yellow, you need to drink more water.
10. Another indicator of hydration are your lips: if they are dry, you may be dehydrated.