Lately, people have begun to pay attention the food that they consume.
The problem is that manufacturers followed this trend and in order to earn more, began to advertise all kinds of foods as “healthy” even though they are not.
Check out these 5 foods you thought were healthy and next time think carefully, before you buy them.
1. Salads – salads are often associated with the opinion that they are healthy, but is it always so? Salads are healthy, but when you add a variety dressings of or mayonnaise they cease to be good for your body, because you consume too many unnecessary calories.
2. Granola bars – If you make them by yourself then you are on the right track. But if you buy them at the store you didn’t make a good choice. Most granola bars that you can find in the shops and supermarkets are full of sugar or sweeteners.
3. Muesli – This breakfast is also presented as a healthy one. But if you buy muesli in a grocery store or supermarket chances are that it will be full of sugar and unnecessary calories. It is best to buy your own cereal, soak them overnight in water and add almonds, walnuts, honey or something according to your taste.
4. Popcorn – Popcorn are healthy and contain few calories but that does not apply to those prepared in the microwave. Make them at home in a healthy way.
5. Brown bread – This is the biggest problem. In fact most types of bread, which are sold as brown do not contain brown flour from whole grains, it is actually white bread with added color. The real brown bread is not soft, but hard. If you just want a healthy bread, make it yourself from germinated wheat grains.
Don’t let manufacturers trick you!